Why Mike Horn?
Yann-Erik, the founder of Organíca crossed Costa Rica walking north to south and from Atlantic to Pacifica. It is when he arrived on the Pacific coast that Yann found this amazing and preserved place. This country-crossing is due to the courage and the inspiration of Mike Horn, an unique explorer. This section is to pay tribute to Mike Horn.
Michael Frédérick Horn (his real name), was born in 1966 in Johannesbourg (South Africa), is and explorer-adventurer with a Swiss and South-African nationalities, from the Afrikaner culture, living in Switzerland.
From June 1999 to October 2000, he created and completed his project “Latitude zero”. He is the man on earth who performed a round the world trip following the Equator line. He travelled 40 000 km without motor transports.
Main achievements of Mike Horn:
- 2017: First men to cross the entire Antartic withour engine and on his own ( 5 100 kilometers in 57 days) 2014: Ascension of Makalu (8 463 m) in the Himalaya.
- 2010 : Ascension of Broad Peak (8 047 m) in the Himalaya.
- 2008-2012 : Pangaea expedition around the world with thousand of young people between 15 and 20 years old took turns during 4 years
- 2007 : Ascension of Gasherbrum I (8 068 m) and Gasherbrum II (8 035 m) in the Himalaya.
- 2006 : First expedition in North Pole by night with Børge Ousland fort 2 months.
- 2005 : Crossing the Bylot Island in Northern Canada with his wife and two daughters skiing during summer holidays.
- 2002-2004 : Arktos expedition, 20 000 km trek around the Arctic Cercle without dogs or motor for 27 months.
- 2002: Record of Greenland crossing in only 15 days.
- 1999-2001 : Latitude Zero expedition, round the world trip following the Equator line on his own and without motor transports in 16 months.
- 1997 : 6 months solo through South America and descent of the Amazon by hydrospeed without assistance.
- 1995 : First complete descent of Pacuare river and world record of 22 meters waterfall jump by hydrospeed, in Costa Rica.
- 1995 : First hydrospeed descent of Colca in Peru, one of the deepest canyons in the wolrd
- 1994 : Descent in hydrospeed of the 4 800 m of the Mont Blanc glacier until Nice.
- 1991 : A 3 months expedition paraglider and rafting in Andean Cordillera in Peru and the ascension of Aconcagua – Argentina (6 962 m) and Chimborazo -Equador (6 268 m).
Organica – maquette 9dec EN
Join the Facefook group